Thursday 11 March 2010

Poster Designs

With the typefaces I am putting them to use of creating a set of posters, drink mats, and drink labels.

Now with the talk that I had with Justin we went through a possible layouts for posters where I could include the drink bottles in the poster and also what other uses I could do with the typefaces that I have created.
From my crit and talking to Justin and Joe the two fonts that work the best and are strong enough for this brief is the leg typeface and the Fourth typeface that I made (the last one).

One of the ideas was the accetate idea of printing the poster onto accetate A2 size and photographing the poster in a bar infront of alcohol bottles to set it in context by only issue and what others have suggested is that the typography might get lost within the photograph and this is what I mainly want to be seen. An easy way around this is to photograph alcohol bottles in a bar and apply this to the image in Photoshop myself so the typography is then clearly seen.

The other idea is to create the a transperent label message and wrap this around the bottle and photograph this as one of my posters.

Shown below is my experiementation with all four typefaces in different poster layouts.
Looking at the posters and getting feedback from them I have decided that from the four typefaces that I have made I will now be only using two of the strong ones to use for my posters, beer mats and drink labels and using the other two as a development process to show that I have looked at other ideas.











No comments:

Post a Comment