Tuesday 16 February 2010

Looking at creating my own typeface

Looking at Bacardi I thought about what I was interested and what I felt I was good at doing which is typography so I took my skills and experimented with them. I looked at creating my own type face illustrating the letters to look as though they were like liquid to demonstrate the drink Bacardi.

From doing this it didnt say to me straight away flirtatious which is what I am trying to say it just says letters to me. The concept behind this I don't think is strong enough to work well to promote Bacardi to men.

I thought about what I could do for a while and researched into what men like to see on adverts from the research I started to look at the pin up girl and other Bacardi adverts etc this is where my ideas began....still using typography I wanted to create my own image of using the female figure to create a typeface that creates a sexual and flirtatious feel to it, because looking at previous Bacardi adverts they all have a lot of exposed women in them this is also another reason why I have chosen to concentrate on the female figure because we all know that sex sells and the majority of men what to see the exposure of women or parts of their body.



No comments:

Post a Comment