Monday 26 April 2010

Experimentation with Embossing

For my beer mats I had two ideas that I wanted to experiment with one being embossing to demonstrate the whole theme of flirtatious and touch the other being transparent so the lip marks look like they are on glass.

I went down to digital print and experimented with sticker paper and the matt laminator to get a embossed feel using the message 'shake it' I did this process instead of embossing downstairs in screen print because I thought it would be a quicker and easier. It has given me a good effect but it doesn't have a strong enough embossed feel. I am also not keen on the large white space around the lettering I think this would be better if it was black.
So from this I have not decided to actually try the process of embossing downstairs in screen print to compare the two so I have lazer cut the typeface and I am going to emboss on to thin brown card.






The other idea that I had was the transparent look of using transparent sticker paper on perspex clear beer mats.

I think this idea works really well and would work well as a set with the clear lip marks put on a glass and a clear transparent poster on a mirror in a club or bar toilets so when you see the beer mat on the bar you will recognise the brand from it being on the glass and from the posters.






As well as using an emboss effect using the matt laminator, I tried out the lazer cutter using the cut kiss effect again to demonstrate the flirtatious theme and touch, so on the matt the letters are risen so the message could only be seen properly if your run your hand over the letters.

In my opinion I don't think this works well to show off its appearance, its just the outline of the letters and doesn't look particularly visually appealing.


No comments:

Post a Comment